The question for every Nepalese person is: how to use TikTok in Nepal after ban? As per the press conference on Monday by Rekha Sharma, TikTok is officially banned in Nepal. On November 13, 2023, TikTok was banned in Nepal.
Here in this article, you will learn the best ways to access your TikTok even after getting banned. It is 100% working so don’t forget to check out how to use Tiktok without a VPN at the end.
Are TikTok bans permanent?
Rekha Sharma says, “Considering how TikTok is disrupting our social harmony and the impact it’s having on our family and social structures, the cabinet has decided to ban TikTok for the moment.”
Rekha Sharma’s statement suggests that the government is unsure about outright prohibiting TikTok. Our Nepalese government has taken this step so that they can eradicate the impact on our society.
Similarly, on Tuesday, Nepali Prime Minister Pushpa Kamal Dahal defended the decision at an event in Bhaktapur.
He said, “After a long discussion on how to control the swing to spread disharmony, disorder, and chaos in society, a consensus was reached among all political parties, including both the ruling party and the opposition.”
After the official notice from the government about TikTok being banned in Nepal, Purushottam Khanal, a chair of the Telecommunications Authority, has asked the ISP to cut access to the app.
WorldLink Communications, one of the highest-paying ISP companies in Nepal, has followed the order, and other internet providers are expected to follow soon, according to the report.
Why is TikTok banned in Nepal?
Over 1,600 cases of cybercrime connected to TikTok have been reported in Nepal during the past four years, according to a report provided by the local medical association and other sources.
TikTok is an app built to show hidden talents in a short time. In recent years, this app has contributed a lot to cybercrime.
Three years ago, one of the neighboring countries of Nepal, India, had also banned TikTok. The reason behind the TikTok ban in India was major security threats happening to the Indian government.
The Indian government had claimed that TikTok was stealing important data and information from their system. After TikTok was banned in India, it had a positive impact on the social structure.
After the success of India in banning TikTok, the Nepalese government is trying to ban it too.
How to use TikTok in Nepal after ban?
- Using VPN
Here, VPN stands for “Virtual Private Networks”. It establishes a protective network while connecting with the public networks.
Basically, it was created to protect you from hackers and scammers. When you are sending data to others using public networks, unauthorized people can access your traffic.
By using a VPN, you can protect your sensitive data safely while transmitting. You can change your location and IP address.
Here is how you can use a VPN to open TikTok after the ban in Nepal:
- Go to the Android Play Store and download the SuperVPN Fast VPN Client.
- After downloading, you can open the app. You can see some ads; you can just ignore them.
- Then you need to select the country by clicking on the drop-down menu labeled Auto Select.
- Then click on Connect, and then click on OK.
After taking some time, it will display the message “Connected”.
After this, if you open the TikTok app again, it will start working as usual.
Note: This method works both for the TikTok mobile app and website.
- Changing DNS
DNS stands for “Domain Name System”. DNS changes our domain name, i.e., website name, to IP addresses and allows our browsers to get access to websites and other Internet resources.
Every device on the Internet has a unique IP address, which you might use to locate it.
Here is how you can change the DNS of mobile data and wifi in Nepal.
- Go to Settings.
- Then click on More Connections.
- Choose a private DNS.
- Then choose the private DNS hostname option.
- Then type the DNS you want to use, like dns.google for Google DNS and dns.cloudfare for Cloudflare DNS.
Now, you can use TikTok in Nepal with mobile data and Wi-Fi.
- Adding VPN manually to the device
You can also use VPNBOOK to add a VPN to your device manually. You need to open vpnbook.com. This works in Nepal, too.
At the top, you can see FreeVPN. Click on that, and you can see a list of server addresses with usernames and passwords for different locations.
Here are the steps on how you can add a VPN to Android in Nepal.
- Search for VPN in your mobile settings. And click on that.
- Type the name you want for your VPN.
- Type the server address.
- Then enter the server’s username and password.
- Click on the Add or Tick button.
- After that, connect to the VPN.
- You will get a message displayed as “Connected”.
Note: This may not work for most of the devices.
What are the risks of using TikTok after a ban?
When somebody is not giving you something and you take that thing without permission, then that’s called stealing. Obviously, stealing is illegal in any country.
- Free VPN Risks
Using a VPN is good for the safe transmission of information over public networks. However, a free VPN has a lot of risks.
If you are buying the VPN at some cost, then you can use it without any hesitation. But if you are using it for free, then here are the 6 risks involved in using a VPN in Nepal:
- A free VPN won’t make you completely anonymous.
- Your privacy isn’t guaranteed.
- Using a VPN for an item that has been banned is illegal.
- VPNs slow down your internet connection.
- Using a VPN increases mobile data usage.
- You can be affected by malware and phishing attacks.
2. Changing DNS Risks
The ISPs in every country provide a default DNS. But you change DNS as per your requirement.
Changing DNS can help you get connected to several services. Recently, due to TikTok being banned in Nepal, many people have changed their DNS to use the app.
Here are the risks involved in changing DNS in Nepal:
- A custom DNS server may not detect or block phishing sites as effectively as an ISP DNS server. You may have to face phishing sites after changing DNS.
- A custom DNS server may not be able to detect or block malware-related domains as effectively as an ISP DNS server. You may have to face malware after changing your DNS.
- Through a DNS server, they could potentially redirect you to a spoofed version of the website, tricking you into entering sensitive information.
- A custom DNS can collect your logs and information about online activities.
After knowing all these, you should have to use TikTok, as it is officially banned in Nepal. You may not know when your data has been collected.
Please take this topic, “TikTok Banned in Nepal,” seriously, and don’t use any kind of illegal method to use TikTok. Our safety matters a lot in this society.
Your sensitive data, like passwords, bank accounts, and others, will be at risk.